Sunday, 12 June 2011

Page 2 Planning work

For the cut out areas of the design, I thought a decorated fabric behind would create added texture and interest. In this example, organza has been bonded on to a navy background then twin needle stitching was added. The areas between the stitching were burnt through. It has created a very uniform effect - I was wanting something more random and textured.


In this example the organza was twin needle stitched prior to bonding to navy background. The areas between the stitching were burnt out using the soldering iron. I like the texture and depth which look like additional cords when placed behind the cut out areas of the design. You don't tend to see a lot of colour behind - I'm thinking that an orange colour would be good so it creates a slight orange colour in parts of the design.






No comments:

Post a Comment