Picture of rock on which design is based

Sketch of rock - while drawing felt like there were 4 distinct shapes
Using the 4 shapes - manipulated coloured tracing paper based on the flat design in to the shape of the rock. Please note using tracing paper which was easier to manipulate meant that the colours were much paler.I was thinking that each of the 4 shapes would be manipulated using a wire sheet underneath. While making the fabric samples which follow I felt the texture in the samples was lost with further manipulation and the wire underneath - I also lost some of the fluidity of the fabric and pieces would have had to be pieced/stitched together rather than flowing in to each other/overlapping with stitchery . While I like this design I felt it would be better suited to other techniques eg where I could incorporate harder textures which are painted on.


No comments:
Post a Comment